Surgical Discharge Instructions
Your dog has just been neutered. The procedure consists of removal of both testicles from an incision above the scrotum. This procedure was done under general anesthesia.
Some important Information following surgery:
- Your pet may be slightly drowsy for 12 to 24 hours after his surgery.
- Feed your pet ½ of his normal diet tonight.
- For the next 10 days, no excessive running, jumping or rough play.
- Leash walks only.
- Check your pet’s neuter incision daily. There are no sutures to be removed.
- Give medications as directed.
Notify the Hospital If:
- Your pet licks excessively at the neuter incisions.
- There is any redness, swelling or discharge from the neuter incision.
- Your pet has persistent vomiting, diarrhea or anorexia.
Your pet is going home with an anti-inflammatory medication. This is to help with control of pain and swelling. Please start your medication tomorrow morning with a meal. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. Thank you for entrusting us with the care of your pet.